Monday 20 May 2013

Miscellaneous Mondays: The Woman


Back in November, I basically offered my kingdom in exchange for an adaptation of Irene Adler that stayed true to the character and her purpose in the original story. Bonus points were available for any show that managed to update her in a way that allowed her to demonstrate the hundred plus years of progress we’ve ostensibly made. Having caught up on my TV viewing over the weekend, I would like to take this opportunity to offer Elementary one metaphorical kingdom.

Because we have no way to put spoilers behind cuts, I won’t go into any detail about the events of the show’s season finale. Suffice it to say that this post should serve as a recommendation to watch the show and a promise that we will one day have an Elementary month (I’m readying my love letters to Joan Watson, Ms. Hudson, and Irene Adler as we speak).

And because a Monday post just isn’t a Monday post without the tangy zip of hyperlinks, I’d like to recommend some analyses of the season finale by Tumblr bloggers Notbecauseofvictories, Autoluminescence, Beanarie, Adventuresofcomicbookgirl, and Ineffable-Hufflepuff and A.V. Club contributor Myles McNutt. They provide some very compelling insight into the critical work that Elementary is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment