Sunday 3 March 2013

DC Women Kicking Ass

DC Women Kicking Ass is the blog I use to get all my DC news. When I need to know how soon we’re getting a Wonder Woman movie (never), or when my favourite characters are coming back from being benched (also never), or at what point DC will finally admit that appealing to women could save the comics industry (not any time soon), I check out DCWKA. Although the blog offers a host of interesting topics and features, from a Valentine’s couples tournament to the visibility campaign that is Women Read Comics in Public Day, it is the blogger’s dogged optimism that is most appealing. To be able to keep advocating for change in an industry that sometimes seems hell-bent on maintaining the status quo is admirable; to do so in a way that makes others feel that there’s hope is downright heroic.

No comments:

Post a Comment